1. taung ni, burma. Deep in the Kalaw hills, reachable by foot only.
2. ano pedina, greece. Only one street within the mountains.
3. solitaire, namibia. One house and a petrol station lost in the desert.
4. aït benhaddou, morocco. Back 2000 years.
5. nangantani, malawi. Huts and a little market, and with lots of warmth.
6. botshabelo, south africa. Ndebele village, filled with wallpainted houses.
7. nanthe, burma. Fishermen village and a large Buddha.
8. marken, the netherlands. Wooden houses in a great island setting.
9. oenpelli, australia. Aboriginal village in isolated Arnhemland.
10. lacock, england. Traditional England kept and preserved.
11. san ildefonso pueblo, new mexico, usa. Native American pueblo.
12. keanae, hawaii, usa. Very small Maui village along the Hana Highway.
13. san gimignano, italy. Towers almost larger then the village itself.