1. xia-he, china. Tibetan town built around the Labrang monastery.
2. mingun, burma. Once a kingcity, now a worldclass monument.
3. siena, italy. With the most beautiful square in the world.
4. st. ives, england. Small and cosy.
5. nerja, spain. Atmospheric bordering the Mediterranean.
6. parga, greece. White houses, little islands in a blue sea.
7. kashgar, china. The dust of the desert and the sunday market.
8. zomba, malawi. Great market and beautifully situated.
9. venezia (venice), italy. Reflections everywhere.
10. williams, arizona, usa. Route 66 at its best.
11. bagani, namibia. Town made of spread out villages with huts.
12. bosa, sardinia, italy. No pretentions while it could have many.